When I posted the Cindered Cheddar Souffle, I will share with you this risotto recipe.
- 1 cup of minced sweet chorizo.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 1 small white onion, minced.
- 2 cups of Carnaroli rice.
- 2 cups of red wine.
- 4 cups of chicken stock, warmed.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 2 cups of grated Manchego cheese, plus more for garnish.
- 1 cup of peas.
- Chopped parsley, to garnish.
- Render the chorizo in a saucepan that is large enough for risotto.
- Remove the chorizo, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Put a little oil and cook until the onions turn golden brown.
- After the onions turn golden brown, put some cooked rice.
- After that add some wine and leave it to cook for some time.
- Begin adding the stock, two ounces at a time, keeping the heat on low.
- Stir constantly until cooked.
- Finish with butter, peas, cheese, and chorizo.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.