Skip to content
- 8 oz self-raising flour
- 1 ½ oz margarine
- 1 oz soft brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon & spice
- 1 tbsp. treacle
- 1 small teacup sweet milk
- Pinch of salt
- Sift flour and salt into a basin, rub in the margarine and add sugar and spices.
- Melt the treacle and mix with the milk, add to dry ingredients and mix to a firm dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board, knead lightly and roll out to about ¾ inch thickness.
- Form into a round shape, then cut across into four or eight but do not completely separate the scones.
- Glaze with beaten egg. Place on a floured or greased tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 12-15 minutes. 400°F in the middle of the oven.